Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends! For those of you who won’t be celebrating with us in the States, let me assure you that I will eat a piece of pie on your behalf 🙂
This week has been relatively quite on iLearn Technology as I wrap up projects, start some new projects, and get ready for the holiday. Just because I have been quite here doesn’t mean that I have been slacking; here is what I have been up to:
- Education and the McRib- a comparison of the McRib sandwich and education on my Dreams of Education blog.
- Education doesn’t need any more Nip Tuck: Our Normal Approach is Useless here- a comparison between breast implants and the education system. This was my 2 cents for blog4reform on Monday.
- Interview with @ShellTerell on Wetoku about #twitacad and the start of a new school. Thanks Shelly, it is always fun chatting with you!
- The Community of Learners Dream Team– my first post on the Cooperative Catalyst blog.
- In October, I joined @adambellow of edutecher.net in his Change the world campaign. You can read more about that here: EduTecher Change the World post. I am cheating and calling it a day early so that I can post the results and not have to worry about it tomorrow. From October 1 to today I have had 54,656 absolute unique visitors to iLearn Technology (according to Google Analytics). Truly amazing! That works out to $546.56. Now, like Adam I had to cap my contribution at $400 (teacher who is not employed makes even less than a teacher who is!). I would love to use my contribution to fund some teacher Donor’s Choose projects. If you have a project on Donor’s Choose that you would like funded, please leave a comment below. If I get an overwhelming response, we can put it to a vote. If anyone would like to donate to help reach the $546.56, or would like to match in any way, please leave a comment. Help me to fund projects and dreams that will change students lives and make learning a richer experience!
I am truly thankful for all of my readers, you all encourage me regularly! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!