What it is: I am constantly learning about cool new website tools for the classroom from my PLN (Personal Learning Network), today I learned about an animated comic creator called Stage’d from fellow Blogging Alliance member @MrR0gers. Stage’d is a tool that helps students to tell digital stories in a new 3-d way. Students can create a stage full of characters and dialogue as if they are directing their own digital play. They can choose characters, costumes, animations, set design and provide characters with dialog. When the 3-d comic has been saved, it can be emailed or linked to with a unique url. Stage’d is perfect for use in any classroom, to save a comic requires no personal identifying information or even an email address. All students have to do is type in the name of the director (first name only or a pseudonym).
How to integrate Stage’d into the classroom: Stage’d is a seriously fun creation tool, students are going to love directing their own 3-d comic plays. Stage’d makes a great digital story telling tool.
- Publish their own fiction (or non-fiction) writing pieces as a 3-d play
- Re-tell a story to demonstrate comprehension
- Illustrate vocabulary words
- Illustrate historical events
- Create mock public service announcements
- Create mocumentaries
- “Interview” an important person of interest
- Create short persuasive video commercials
- Illustrate story problems in math
- Practice a foreign language dialogue and vocabulary
Stage’d is very easy to use and the results are absolutely fantastic. Create your own Stage’d creations to introduce a new topic or concept to your students. This is a fun introduction that will grab their attention in a hurry.
Tips: The creators of Stage’d are constantly adding new features and options so check back often.
Please leave a comment and share how you are using Stage’d in your classroom.